Saturday, March 20, 2010

Autumn Leaves


This could be titled "Autumn Leaves, and Winter is Here, but where is Spring?" It's spring break this week, so I'm going to paint in short spurts in between dr's and therapy appts. Travel is out (since I'm only able to drive or sit for 15 minutes at a time), and its cold and snowy here. Spring in the Rockies is unpredictable: its warm, then things start to grow, then it snows again. Still hoping to get some walks in this week. The painting is one I had started and looked at undone for months. Thinking, I will finish it one day. Instead of starting a new one, I'm finishing my unfinished work and those I've thought, "there's something not quite right with this one, but I don't know what it is yet." Usually, with the passing of time, I can figure it out. Hindsight is 20/20.The photo reference for this painting I took while visiting Union Printers Home at the corner of Union and Pikes Peak. The grassy lawn covered with leavs and the morning sun shining through the turning leaves with a mist (rare in Colorado) reminded me of fall back in the Midwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment