Sunday, February 14, 2010

"Where the Eagle Flies" is a painting I did on location as part of a weekend paintout in Victor, Colorado. People often ask me how I create my paintings, many are done on location to capture the lighting and color accurately. The ones I do from photo references are planned ahead, and I compose the photos with the painting in mind. These are ones from locations where the lighting and color hits me with inspiration, and I create a composition by eliminating unnecessary elements and simplifying the scene to include a point of interest, and move your eye around the scene. This painting won me an award and was sold the same day. An artist's best case scenario. We love to share our work and have others appreciate what we do. Most work is created in isolation, but art is about communication and sharing beauty.

1 comment:

  1. I can see why it won! You have captured the light beautifully. The light is so important in a successful painting. Well done! I really like the composition as well. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete