Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Finishing Touch

this is an example of a watercolor that looked unfinished to me. I did it on location, and the edges seemed "mooshy." When I got home, I added the definition of ink pen and liked it so much better once defined. I always did ink and watercolor sketches on travels, and this way, although "backwards" works very well. I have transformed many of my watercolors from several years ago with this "finishing touch." Turtle Rocks at 11-mile canyon, $175 framed to 11 x 14.

1 comment:

  1. I like the ink outline. Looks good! That's great that you can do watercolor and oil. I'm a one medium guy but lately feel i will have to expand if i want to go anywhere with my work. Acrylics are on the horizon. I enjoyed finding your blog. By for now! Ross

    ReplyDelete