Monday, January 11, 2010

Victor Mine-in progress


A work I just started, 12 x 16. The drawing is more complex than I would normally create, but I loved that fence and its shadows! In fact, that is the reason for the painting. I worked really hard to get this reference photo at just the right time and place to get those shadows just right. Will publish the finished work when it is complete. A lesson here is that you keep drawing (with paint) until the work is finished. I am continually making adjustments until I'm pleased with composition and spatial relationships. I love these panelli panels, they have just the right finish that makes it easy to draw with watered down paint and then apply oil in varying degrees of thickness. They are from Italy. As are many other good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment