Sunday, January 3, 2010

Barns in Winter


This is a tiny painting (5 x 7) that I did today after walking in the snow yesterday. It helped give me the spirit for it. I first saw this scene on my way back to Montrose from Colorado Springs after Christmas break in 2007. There had been a huge snowfall, and there were some spectacular scenes across the ranch country. I knew I wanted to paint it, but had never really painted mounds of snow before, and so giving myself a smaller format helped to make it less daunting. I think it may be a study for a larger piece.

2 comments:

  1. Deb, I love that one. How much is it? Your blog is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kay! Good to hear from you, and appreciate the encouragement! For an original oil 5 x 7, it is $100 with frame, $75 without.

    ReplyDelete