Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Another Re-work


This is the one that has bothered me the most of all my paintings. It was a fabulously colorful scene with the rough rock formations, fall foliage along the river. I took many photos, and was thanking God I got to drive here. The painting even won "People's Choice" in a gallery show I did in Montrose in 2008. I didn't like the colors, and wanted to rework it, but didn't know how. Today, I just printed up a little 4 x 6 print of it, and started in. I added more brushwork, soft edges, and got the colors right! Finally, I'm pleased with the results. It just took me 2 years to learn.

1 comment:

  1. I like ur work and your rework:) Bartos.in the previ work the foreground and the shadows in the mountains are glossy and more visible,in the second one the brush strokes are bold and awesome.

    ReplyDelete