Sunday, May 16, 2010

In season again

My apple tree is in bloom and I painted these beauties several years ago at Happy Apple Farm in Penrose. Orchards in bloom have always inspired me as I have seen other artists interpretations of them for years. I loved seeing the orchards when I drove between offices for work the year I lived on the Western Slope. I did a few touch-ups on these this winter and they kept me going until now,as the real thing has returned. I have not painted since April, as I have been teaching and not had 2 days off in a row for a month. I realize the first day off is for errands, getting caught up and then the second day I feel like I have the freedom to paint or do something creative. It takes time to be creative. The orchards and I are back in season again. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment